NANKAI-INTO ENGLISH PROGRAM
Study at Nankai University
Founded in 1919, Nankai University has 93 years of history. It is considered to be one of the most comprehensive universities with a wide range of courses. Nankai has developed cooperative relations with 300 colleges and research institutes in over 40 countries.
Study at a university committed to internationalisation. With more than 10,000 foreign graduates to date, Nankai offers a modern and comfortable study environment in which to learn Chinese or undertake Postgraduate study on a Masters program, taught in English.
· A member of the prestigious 211 and 985 groups.
· Ranked 12th overall in China (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2010).
· Top 150 universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2010).
· Alumina includes Zhou Enlai, the first PRC Premier, two Nobel Prize winners and many celebrated Chinese playrights, writers and historians.
English-medium Undergraduate and Postgraduate study
Since 2012 Nankai University has partnered with INTO University Partnerships to provide a range of English medium degree programmes for international students. Students receive tuition from academics at the cutting-edge of their field, many of whom are research active. Our research feeds directly into our teaching, which means students learn the latest developments within the subject area from constantly encourage, challenge and support. The University offers fully qualified and experienced teachers who teach the Postgraduate degrees entirely in English. All of the coursework material is provided in English, as are the assignments and exams.
Modules in Chinese language are a compulsory part of your degree and provide you with a unique opportunity to develop new skills. You do not need prior Chinese language knowledge as you can study from beginner’s level Chinese.
Student support and professional development
For a truly successful study, studentsrequire not only need a high-quality study programme, but also a support network that ensures that students can focus on their studies and enjoy student life.
· Application support from UK based Admissions team
· Pre-Departure Guide for International Students
· Airport pickup and orientation programme
· Cultural activity programme
· En-suite International student accommodation
· 24-hour support
To provide insight into what it is like working in China, our courses incorporate a series of Masterclasses from professionals who have many years’ experience of working within China and with Chinese companies. Professionals from the foreign business community, including business professionals, lawyers and diplomats, will be joined by distinguished alumni from Nankai University; giving a unique insight into what it is like to work in China. Students’ future networks will develop as they discover more about working, living and doing business in China. Masterclass speakers include:
· Pearson Group
· EU Chamber of Commerce, China
· Mahon Investment
· Swire Hotel Group
· LMI International
· AB Agriculture.
Location – The city of Tianjin
Nankai University is located in Tianjin, a city that’s just a 30-minute high-speed train journey from Beijing. The city offers a pleasant study environment but with a surprisingly different atmosphere from China’s neighboring capital city. With a thriving student community, plenty of entertainment and great transport across China, Tianjin is a great place to live and study.
· Tianjin is the sixth largest city in China with a population of approximately 13 million residents
· A rich history that is reflected in its European style architecture and ancient temples
· The birthplace of culture and the arts in Northern China including Beijing Opera
· Excellent transports connections make Tianjin an excellent base for exploring China’s capital city or other parts of the country
For further information, please contact:
INTO China Admissions
One Gloucester Place
Telephone: +44 (0)1273 665200