Bilateral Program

Bilateral Program Pre-Admission Letter Procedure

I. Information about the Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program, please check:

II. Application Procedures

If applying for the General Scholar Program, please log-in to the website to complete the online application, and send your “Application No.” to, with the subject “Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program”.

If applying for a degree, please send the following documents to, with the subject “Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program”.


A. Chinese Government Scholarship Award Letter provided by the dispatching authorities.

B. NKU application form. Please log-in to the website to complete the online application and send us your application form.

C. Notarized highest diploma. Applicants must submit an official document issued by their current school to prove their current student status or expected graduation date.

D. Academic transcripts written in Chinese or English.

E. Personal statement. Including study or research plan, personal background, personal strengths etc., written in Chinese or English (no less than 800 words).

F. Applicants applying for programs taught in Chinese are required to have HSK level 4 or above. Those who have not reached the required HSK level or have no knowledge of Chinese can apply for one year of scholarship-covered remedial Chinese language studies before entering their major studies. Applicants whose native language is not English applying for programs taught in English should provide TOEFL (above 87) or IELTS (above 6.5) score.

G. Photocopy of passport(should be valid until Sep. 30th of the admission year).


A. This conditional offer can only be used to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship - Bilateral Program.

B. The official admission notice will be issued only when the applicant’s qualification as a Chinese Government Scholarship student is formally confirmed by China Scholarship Council (CSC).

C. Supplementary application documents may be required when necessary.

D. For documents in languages other than Chinese or English, notarized Chinese or English translations are required.